Arpeggio

Weave me a story or two already

Present it like an arpeggio

I know no halts, I only know rhythm

Come like a rapid, go like adagio.



Today you are a canvas, a gentleman in temperament

I am an artist, and I know no bounds

You can be difficult, or you can endure

We can both smile and hold our grounds



Tonight I am a nymph, yes I said nymph

I could serenade you, I could disappear

Among the broken melodies will you be a constant,

Even when I’m not here?



Give me a reason or two already

You riddle me with your enigma

Put my dreams aside, we will talk about yours

Intoxicate this story with your aroma



Today you are a song, an ordinary song

I am a singer and I come to woo

You can be a love song, you can be my song

We can take to the streets the music of two



Tonight I am a synthesizer

I will play the tune of your choosing

You can drink it down, you can dodge it away

There won’t be winning, there won’t be losing



And when the stars arrange themselves in a string of light

Maybe we will have new stories, new reasons

And the stars won’t fade because the night will wait

For a lifetime of seasons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epiphany

Never one

Could've-beens