Lily of the Nile

While you were tying blue flowers to the clot of my hair 
I moved about impatiently 
As if it didn't matter 
Meandering like a little girl 
I swiveled through the gazing trees 
Oblivious to the thread that knotted up our dreams 

It was a dark night when the oceans called
I was cradled in a bubble you had just breathed with life 
Floating across our jittering timeline 
It landed half shot into a mountain peak 
What a pity, what a pity. 
The bubble that carried purity was rendered bleak. 

So when I fell, it took less than a moment
You lit a fire to cook your meat
I fired my parachute to pull me away
But the voracious flames charred my feet
What was meat, was I meat 

You often whispered, you liked me raw. 

You emerged like the mellow shades of morning 
Resting on a street bench
Hands stretched on your sides 
Glancing, smiling 
And I swam in like a sea of autumn leaves
Rustling over you 
Clogging your senses 
Romancing your little ears 

What is your name 
Are you the same one
Who sat on the bench? 

My hair is untied, there are no blue flowers 
But you forgot to erase 
The scent of your breath
It reeks from my hair 
Like Lily of the Nile. 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epiphany

Never one

Could've-beens