Noor

Her voice is like crackers on a quiet night
Every atom in my body shudders
as she laughs.
I lie by her shapely mouth outlined against the moon
and I know that she's the noor of my eyes, the woman of my soul.
I feel like she will save that soul
which doesn't beg to be saved,
and she will heal those eyes
which don't need healing, after all.
And yet when she will trace the contours on my face with her slender fingers,
even the moon will watch, by this very window.
Her mouth is a casket
every word, a Jewel.
And as she speaks her astonishing, crackling language
the words wrap themselves around my ears, my neck, binding my hands together.
It's a bond I don't want to break
This is a night for my soul.
And with every passing moment
I wish for her to keep speaking,
I wish for her to keep breathing.
It is me who hasn't let go of a single breath,
Hoping for her to love me again
Even if she does not see me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epiphany

Never one

Could've-beens