Blurry Encounters

Profound haze, beautiful eyes in the distance
So I wait here looking, dropping my resistance
My heart emits a rhythm, a reverberating beat
It whirls in the air and goes on to repeat

You walk with grace, your fluid stride
My source of strength, forever my pride
I can see you, through the blurry
I'm torn apart between patience and hurry

That's my girl right there, my dream weaver,
She thinks to herself, that's my man
My lover, my only
We halt and gaze through the haze
And all of a sudden I'm lonely.

Sunset eyes, what can we do now?
I wonder as we pass each other by
Should I hold your hand, call out your name?
Let out some tears, give out a cry

Silence.

I turn around and see you walk round the corner
Won't you turn around to see me?
Didn't the dangerous friction of our bodies bring back memories
Good enough for a little glance?

I watch you go, it is starting to snow
I take off my hat and loosen my tie
Your scent is going to choke me, fill me and mock me
And make me wonder if it was all a lie


It wasn't. It was the most natural feeling.
On second thoughts I want to run behind you and grab you, hold you and reassure you, that I love you.

But if I didn't love you enough, would I let you go?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epiphany

Never one

Could've-beens