Who are You?



For Hidden Concerns.



People of light,people of colours
I grow, I climb because of you
You mould my framework, you ignite the lantern
Happiness seems like a happy place again.

People of mirth,people of anguish
I turn to you for laughters, in tears I come to you
It's not only your sense of humour, 
It's your gleaming eyes and strawberry cheeks.

People of shades,people of eclipses
Am I really visible to you?
Holding animated discussions by a translucent wall,
While I look for your waving hand in the haziness.

You like helping me through those hurdles in life,
Holding my hand, getting me to cross, hop and dodge
You skip your meals,I skip my troubles
And we walk out of our ways together.

Why then, do you bear that sorry expression,
My hand is still in yours but your eyes spell embarrassment
Gaze fixed in the ground while I'm being dragged out of my pit
Your formality is such,you're doing your bit

You just painted me a painting of pity.

People of memories,people of relations
Bonds that we made are here to stay.
Foundations tremble, threads do get weak 
But Friend, we build them back again.

While you shine in your light and feel loved as ever,
You ignore my words as they bounce back from your surface
I'm still grinning like a fool at your gibberish talks
Because I know they mean so much to you.

People of prestige,people of recognition
Success has taken a toll on your mind,
Occupied enough to ignore greetings
You choose to associate with only more of your kind.

There's endless materialism, pretty materialism
Sometimes I feel I've lost you to it.
I always thought I was the one who ran in reality and in dreams,
But things have changed, now that you're chasing what you think is your dream.

People of worlds,people of experience,
Your journeys are beautiful, so are the people
But I am here, not part of your expedition,
The least you can do is not forget my silly face.

Your searching will lead you home someday. 

People of my life, people of mine
I hold love for you in my heart
You may rubbish,trample or ignore it,
I will be your little trampoline of joy, to lift you up.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epiphany

Never one

Could've-beens